Chapter 7: Documenting Learningflow Routine
1. If you are feeling a bit overwhelmed with keeping the connections between the three documentation phases and the learningflow routine in mind, what portion of the routine’s steps do you think you can begin using immediately in the phases to make your students’ and your learning and thinking visible, shared, and amplified?
2. How can you put into practice each of the learningflow routine steps by documenting beyond your classroom and your professional learning? In other words, how can you look, capture, reflect, share, and amplify your family’s life experiences? How about your continued learning concerning a favorite hobby? How about your own children’s or grandchildren’s growth over time related to their passion or passions?
Share your ideas with a colleague and create an implementation plan for how you will work through the phases and routine with your and/or your family’s personalized learning opportunity. Meet with your colleague periodically to share your documentation artifacts and reflect on the struggles and successes as you implement the phases and routine steps based on your or your family’s learning focus or goal.
3. How do you envision involving your students more and more in the decision-making process when planning and implementing documenting opportunities related to the phases and routine?
4. How do you perceive incorporating the documenting learningflow routine in your classroom or professional learning environment will enhance your pedagogical or heutagogical practices and move you toward a stronger learner-centered or passion-based learning environment? Share and amplify your thoughts using the #documenting4learning hashtag on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram; or by mentioning @documenting4learning on Facebook and Instagram, and @doc4learning on Twitter.
5. Having a Professional Learning Network (PLN) is important for the fourth and fifth routine steps: share and amplify learning artifacts to access and engage experts and persons of interest. How can you develop or strengthen your PLN? If your learners are old enough to have their own social media presence, what are their ideas for establishing or expanding their PLN? Do you (or they) need assistance? Who would the best person be and why? If you do not know anyone who can assist you or your learners, share and amplify your need in a Twitter post using the hashtag #documenting4learning and express your desire to begin or strategically expand a PLN.